Dr Javier Garcia studied medicine at the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery division of the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM). His quest for learning motivated him to acquire diplomas in Microsurgery and Re-constructive Surgery from the Davies Medical Center in San Francisco in California, Stanford Medical Center and from San Diego School of Medicine.
Education and Training of our cosmetic surgeons in Mexico
Dr Javier’s Garcia’s education and training is as follows:
- From 3-31 August 1992, Dr Garcia was an Exchange Fellow at the Plastic Surgery Division of the School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego
- In 1993, he completed diploma in Plastic and Re-constructive surgery from the Mexican Social Security Institute
- In 1994, he was certified by the Mexican Council of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- In 2005, the Mexican Council of Plastic and Re-constructive surgery re-certified Dr Garcia
- From July-December 1996, Dr Garcia was a visiting scholar at the Plastic Surgery Division of the Stanford University Medical Center.
- At the Hospital of Specialized Medical Center, Dr Garcia was an Associate professor for various specialization courses in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- He also worked in the Reconstructive Surgery Division of the Pediatric Hospital, Guadalajara
- At the General Hospital, Guadalajara, Dr Garcia performed Hand Surgery
- He has also lectured at various seminars and workshops in Mexico and abroad about surgery on palate and cleft lip, plastic surgery and aesthetics and reconstruction of heel.
- Mexican Association of Plastic Surgery
- Association of Plastic Surgeons, Jalisco
- Association of Plastic Surgery, Baja California
- Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery, Ibero-american Federatio
- Member of International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS)
- Member of American Society of Plastic Surgeons ( ASPS).
Dr. Daniel Camacho-Melo
For over 17 years, Dr. Daniel Camacho-Melo has helped patients enhance their appearance and self-confidence with surgical cosmetic treatments. His natural-looking, high-quality results and compassionate, personalized care have helped Dr. Camacho-Melo achieve international recognition as a premier plastic surgeon. His Tijuana practice, centrally located between Rosarito, Mexico and San Diego, serves patients from throughout Baja California and the United States. He also operates for one season of the year in his native country of Colombia, providing his skills as a plastic surgeon in the capital city of Bogotá.
Dr. Camacho-Melo graduated from the Medical School of the University of Nuevo Leon in Monterrey, Mexico. After earning the title of General Surgeon from the National Autonomous University of Mexico, he began to develop and hone his craft in plastic surgery. Dr. Camacho-Melo trained with one of Mexico’s preeminent plastic surgeons, Dr. Jose Guerrerosantos, at the Jalisco Institute of Reconstructive Surgery. By demonstrating a mastery level of skill and technique, Dr. Camacho-Melo was awarded the title of Aesthetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon.
Our plastic surgeon stays current on the latest trends and technology in plastic surgery by taking continuing education courses, and he maintains membership in the following associations:
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
- Mexican Association of Reconstructive and Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (AMCPER)
- Colombian Association of Plastic Surgery (SCCP)
- Jalisco Institute of Reconstructive Surgery
- International Confederation for Plastic Reconstructive Aesthetic (IPRAS)
- Colegio de Cirujanos Plasticos Esteticos y Reconstructivos de Baja California (CCPER)
The Cammel Plastic Surgery Institute is located inside a modern and reputable medical center in Tijuana designed exclusively for plastic surgery. We strictly adhere to all legal hygienic requirements and pride ourselves on using state-of-the-art technology for anesthesia, and all surgical procedures. Our waiting areas have been designed with the patient’s comfort in mind, as it is our goal to ensure that all of our patients feel as relaxed and as confident as possible while in our care. We offer blankets and pillows, waiting room refreshments, and entertainment options including music, movies, and TV. Dr. Daniel Camacho-Melo founded Cammel Plastic Surgery in order to provide high quality care in a safe environment to patients from throughout the region.
The staff at Dr. Camacho-Melo’s cosmetic surgery center is fully bilingual (English and Spanish). We strive to be known for providing professional and compassionate treatment for all of our patients and their families. Dr. Camacho-Melo’s nurses offer the exceptional service that you deserve, with the warmth and compassion Latin Americans are known for. It is important to us that we provide outstanding support to our patients before and after their surgery, as well as unsurpassed assistance to the doctor during all procedures.